Way Bomb reader Melissa wrote in request, "What can I do to keep makeup on my face and not everywhere else? I have a primer and I know that is supposed to help with keeping make upward on my face and longevity simply that just doesn't seem to cutting it, particularly when I'm wiping my face or happen to rub my confront against someone'due south clothes. I use a foundation that is supposed to stay on your face likewise. I heard that setting sprays are good just I don't know where to start. Is there anything that you lot propose?"

Hey Melissa!

This is actually a pretty mutual matter in the world of makeup. I remember when I first started wearing makeup I was wearing a liquid foundation one mean solar day and went to hug a friend who was wearing a white as snow sweater. When I let go of the embrace guess what was all over her once pristine sweater? Yep. About half of my fabricated-up face up. *sigh*

While at that place isn't a way to completely get rid of makeup rub off, there are some things you tin can do to limit it. Using a primer as you mentioned is ane. Primers help to keep your makeup on your face longer, but using information technology lone won't do much for transfer. It'due south a good idea to also prepare your foundation with finishing powder and yes, at that place are some expert makeup sprays out in that location that besides assist. My current fave is Brand Upwards For Ever Mist & Fix Spray (sold at Sephora), but I also hear good things about Ben Nye Terminal Seal Spray and Mehron Barrier Spray. Ben Nye and Mehron can be found where professional makeup products are sold.

Yous can besides try applying thinner layers of your makeup or switching to powder formulas which aid in absorbing your skin'due south oils that add to makeup stains. Or effort waterproof formulas. Makeup brand Brand Up For Ever has a host of waterproof makeup from foundations to lip and eye color.

Make Upwardly For Ever Boutique inside Sephora Soho

But before yous think y'all're immune from rub-off afterward using a setting spray, there are likewise some new tricks yous'll need to train yourself to do. I'm completely clumsy simply over the years accept managed to train myself to non touch my face. I've got this down so good that I don't even touch my face when it's makeup-gratis. This helps to prevent accidentally getting your makeup all over anything your hands bear upon like your study due at two P.Thou. or a friend'southward collar. If you absolutely must touch your face, be certain to wash your hands immediately or keep some mitt wipes in your purse to cleanse your hands.

Y'all'll too want to arrange the manner yous hug. Instead of a face-to-face hug, try to go in on an bending to avoid hit your subject'due south wearing apparel. I've managed to keep my makeup off other's clothes for the final five years doing all of the above. Practice makes perfect though.

Good luck!
~Danielle